He Asked, I said, "Yes!"


I went to school like any other day. I noticed my students were acting really weird. They really love Alonso and ask about him often but today was different. They kept asking if he was "coming to see us" and asking to call him. Why would they want to call him? So weird. I went to talk to the Passport team who is serving here this month and they were weird too. Their door was locked and they were talking to me through the door - which was odd. I told Callie, "Stop being a weirdo today!" 



Later I went downstairs to print something in the office and Dot (another team member) came with me. Little did I know, it was to supervise me. I saw some ladies from the office standing in the hallway whispering and they acted funny when I walked up. I was going up to my classroom to text my mom saying, "Either I'm super paranoid or people are being really weird with me today." I opened more door and found a classroom FULL of little people holding signs and screaming "WILL YOU MARRY MR. ALONSO??" 



Alonso then walked forward, said some stuff that I still don't remember, and got down on one knee. He was shaking so much that he dropped the ring and a student had to pick it up. I was freaking out and didn't even notice he dropped it until I looked back at the pictures. Seconds after I said YES and hugged Alonso, someone handed me a cell phone and said, "Here are your parents!" He thought to Skype them in so they could see the whole thing!

Then later that night, Alonso had planned a surprise engagement party at his mother's house. There, he gave me a scrapbook full of letters from close friends and family from home. He knew how important it was to me that they all be involved but since we live in Costa Rica and we can't fly them all here, he included them by having them send letters and pictures. He's amazing, and so are they.

I'm the happiest little girl in the world. I thank Jesus so much for being in control of my life. If I were in control I would have messed it up a long time ago. But thankful He saw a much bigger, better picture than I ever could and now I’m going to marry the most godly, incredible man that could have been created for me. I imagine God looking at me years ago saying, ‘Oh girl. If you only knew what is yet to come.”



1 comment:

  1. happy little mama right now too! love you. cannot wait to meet this man.

    ReplyDelete